Wednesday 21 December 2011

Dovedale

 A 60th surprise birthday in neighbouring Staffordshire took me to Dove dale little did I know we
were staying at the Izaak Walton hotel or I would have took my fishing rod.
I decided to take a walk along the Dove river just below the hotel as the rain turned to snow.
I followed the river noting mallard and merganser and winter thrushes at the stepping stones.
From the stepping stones on walked on to Lovers Leap here I noted Common Buzzard and Redpoll.
On my way back I noted Dipper although a poor photo ,moving back to the hotel.
Finally chatting to Bernie Maher fishing on the river then a pot of tea at the hotel,
the girls returned from Ashbourne and told me we were going for a drive.
It was more like a sleigh ride as we tried to get to Buxton the weather got worse,so we returned
to the hotel.

That evening a taxi to Waterhouse on icy roads for our friends Carol Crilly's 60th,
Anice meal with friends before leaving early due to the taxi and adverse weather.
The following morning we left Dovedale a frosty morning before returning to Herts.

No comments:

Post a Comment