Tuesday 13 September 2011

Local Patch

A visit to Maple Lodge this morning did not turn up any wind blown migrants,but it was pleasant enough in a south westerly wind,Robins were singing as I made my way to Long Hedge a Red Darter obliged briefly,from the hide a Sparrowhawk dispersed Jays on a  Acorn  raid and a Cormorant followed a few Tufted ducks searching for reported Roach and Sticklebacks.
Two splendid Kingfishers flew by,moving on along the path a Small Copper posed in sunlight.
Walking towards the Sluice I thought I might obtain a good view of Kingfisher but my only joy
was a splendid Grey Wagtail.On route out of the reserve I came upon a roving tit flock holding
predominantly Long tailed tits,Chaffinch and Great and Blue tits.Finally before leaving
Ring necked parakeets were calling as were Green an Great Spotted Woodpeckers.
An insect was brought to my notice by a fellow naturalist the Robber Fly. Home now
the promised Autumnal rain arrives curtailing my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment