Wednesday 23 March 2011

The H ides of March

From the 20th to the23rd of March the old Marvin Gaye kicked in "thats the grapevine" to the uneducated.
I had overslept Sunday and missed the working party at Springwell GP,but Maple Lodge produced two Oystercatchers and over the last few days Lewis and I found 5 Long tailed tit's nests in or around the reserve 2 in the perimetre fence ,one in a reed bed and one on Lynsters.
The next morning a call from Geoff Laptop a Green Sand from Rotunda at Maple Lodge,I missed it due to work but saw 8 Golden Plover flying around Woodoaks farm around 1700 hrs as I walked Ted also of note 54 Fieldfare.
Today Maple Lodge was quiet as I rushed down around 1500 hrs,on leaving I met LRG (Lee Evans) who was looking for Oystercatcher and Little Owl, I sent Lee to Woodoaks and I followed shortly with Ted.
Of note I  saw Buzzard and Red Kite then it was home to feed a weary dog and a cup of tea  for yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment